Then this morning I got a call from my friend, Natalie, who happens to live in another neighborhood, and she asked, "Are you by chance missing a little black puppy?" I was so surprised, and said, "Yes, we are". She told me she thought she had him, and said a sweet, older couple had just found him down our way, and left him with her so she could maybe find his home. After they left him with her, Natalie had called our mutual friend, Angie, to see if she knew who he might belong to, and Angie told her about us. So, Kortney and Hershey are now reunited, and Kortney was so happy when Hershey came home that she cried. We immediately went into her room, knelt by her bed, and thanked Heavenly Father for helping him find nice people, and for bringing him home safe.
What a small world we live in, that the only family I know in that other neighborhood would happen to be the ones that ended up with him. Thank you so much, Natalie, and Angie! And I'm grateful that a 4-year-old's prayers were answered, and that I could teach her the power of prayer. And she taught me the power of faith in a loving Heavenly Father to answer that simple prayer.
11 comments:
That has to be one of the sweetest stories I have ever heard. Make sure you print it off and set it aside for her when she gets older. I love the faith of a child. It's always so pure and innocent. I am glad Hershey is back at home. :)
What a special time that was shared with you and your daughter. Not only did she have a testimony builder but you also grew from it too. She will remember this always!
What a neat story! Glad she got her puppy back and learned such a meaningful lesson as well.
Awwwwe. So sweet! I'm so glad you got her home:)
That is so wonderful! What a sweet picture of them reunited:) I'm very grateful for answered prayers:)
What a sweet little story that Kortney will be able to look back on and remember her prayer was answered about her puppy. What a great experience!
That is just the cutest picture! You are sooo sweet! Thank you for being such a great friend!
Thats a sweet story. I am so glad that Kourtney got her puppy back. Now she will be able to remember this story for years to come.
Tandee I had to make my blog private but I sent you an invite. Let me know if it doesn't work. I love the picture of Hershey cuddled up with Kortney. He has a look on his face like "Who, me cause trouble?" It's so cute!
That's sweet. I hope Hershey doesn't run off any more! Doggies hold a special spot in all of our hearts.
Oh that is so sweet and sad. I am glad that she was able to get her puppy back. Taht is a CUTE reunion picture. The power of prayer is wonderful!!
Post a Comment