Emmrie - this was quick enough that I did all the girls' hair the same this Sunday morning, but then I had to curl it all, too (which didn't last all three hours, anyway), and I barely got myself ready in time.

Taylor - she likes to put her hair into ponytails, so I get creative, because the sides are still a little too short to reach all the way back without a little something to keep them back all day...

Emmrie - she actually sat still for this french braid "crown", as they call it.

Kortney - she likes messy buns, but I'm not so good at them, so I just did a regular bun, but left the ends sticking out and curled them. Messy enough. I did little twists on both sides to keep all her fly-aways from flying away. At least long enough to take the photo.

Emmrie - a few "loopty-lou" or "topsy-tail" (whatever you call them) sections back into a pony.
Taylor - she likes to put her hair into ponytails, so I get creative, because the sides are still a little too short to reach all the way back without a little something to keep them back all day...
Emmrie - she actually sat still for this french braid "crown", as they call it.
Kortney - she likes messy buns, but I'm not so good at them, so I just did a regular bun, but left the ends sticking out and curled them. Messy enough. I did little twists on both sides to keep all her fly-aways from flying away. At least long enough to take the photo.
Emmrie - a few "loopty-lou" or "topsy-tail" (whatever you call them) sections back into a pony.
Okay, so I tried these little twists on wet hair before bed, to see if it would turn out curly, but not too curly like braided hair would be in the morning. Besides, they were faster than braids the night before, and all the girls wanted to do it (poor Emmrie - I told her no because I was sick of it by the time I finished with the other two. It was probably a good thing in the end...).
They didn't turn out so great, and Kortney didn't like how curly it got, so I had to put hers back to make it look decent.
And Taylor's needed LOTS of help, since she looked like Napoleon Dynamite...
...so we did this.
Much better. Although, the curls were basically all gone.

These next dos were fun, because the girls liked hanging over the edge of my bed to make upside-down braids. Here's Kortney. I just did a braid on half her hair, then wrapped the tail of the braid around the rest of the hair in a ponytail, then attempted a sort of messy bun, but bobby-pinned all the ends under.



Taylor - I think I did this better another day, but it's three french braids that come together in my sad attempt at a messy bun.
These next dos were fun, because the girls liked hanging over the edge of my bed to make upside-down braids. Here's Kortney. I just did a braid on half her hair, then wrapped the tail of the braid around the rest of the hair in a ponytail, then attempted a sort of messy bun, but bobby-pinned all the ends under.
Taylor - I think I did this better another day, but it's three french braids that come together in my sad attempt at a messy bun.
11 comments:
Tandee! Holy cow! I get overwhelmed just looking at all those adorable hairdos! So cute! So professional! And so complicated! You are as amazing as your girls are adorable!
Wow look at you! Your kids hairstyles look great, even Rhett's. Doing girls hair can be so much fun!
I loved all of them. You are so talented. That upside down braid looks so cute. One year at girls camp, all the girls got their hair frenchbraided like an "S" instead of straight down.
If any one ever wondered why you have a house full of girls this blogged post answers that question. You could write a book!!!
You are incredibly talented and I loved to look at all of the amazing hair do's that you have created. Thanks for sharing!
Lots of cute hair dos. I miss doing Rylee's hair but she is in a stage right now where she doesn't want anything but headbands. It works out in the end because I don't have time to do her hair before work and I'm just too lazy on the weekends! :) You should put a picture of your cute pregnant belly so I can see your progress.
Wow do your girls have beautiful hair!!!! I can't wait to do Claire's hair!!! So fun!
Tandee, I'm so impressed! I'll bet my girls wish I was so hair savvy! Thanks for your support on my blog and thanks for being my friend
So cute! It almost makes me wish I had a girl, until I realise that I can't even manage to do my boys hair, so any girl I had would look like Napolean Dynamite ALL the time!!
okay crazy hair do lady, those look amazing. You do hair like a pro and how do you get your kids to sit still while you do that. My girls hair is so thick that I would go crazy try to do some of those. I might just have to try some of those one of these days.
I feel like such a slacker as I'm so lazy when it comes to Payson's hair! What a beautiful job you did. Love it!
Post a Comment