Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rhett Allen Price

Well, he's finally here, and we're so excited! Rhett Allen Price was born 10 days early, on the day Neil didn't really want him to be born - September 11, 2008 at 6:15 am. I guess that's what I get for taking castor oil too late the day before! He was 8 lb 2 oz, and 20" long. Smaller than our girls, but he's got a cry that will rival them all. He looks like his dad, and has his big hands (and his hairline). Thank you, Angie, for coming and being with the girls - for camping out on our couch all night so Neil and I could get to the hospital! I had tested positive for Strep B, so I was concerned about a quick labor and not getting the antibiotics in time, but after timing contractions for about 1/2 hour, and finally shaking Neil awake at 12:00 am, I ended up getting to the hospital in plenty of time to get both doses of antibiotics, and of course, once I got the epidural, nothing else really mattered to me! Neil is so proud, and the girls were so excited to come see him once Neil got home and told them that he was born. Emmrie was especially determined to hold him the whole time she was at the hospital. Mom Price came up that afternoon and took the girls back to Soda Springs with her for the week. They came back to visit today with Dad Price (Grandpa Rhett), so he could meet his grandson, and then they got to go back with them again tonight. I already miss them, but love having one-on-one time with our little guy for the next few days. Thanks, Mom and Dad! We have wonderful neighbors who have brought us dinners, and we appreciate all of you, too! We're very blessed to know so many wonderful people! Thanks again!





















27 comments:

Amy from Our Dish said...

Sooooooooooo beautiful Tandee!!! Hope you get lots of rest and continue to enjoy him!

Anonymous said...

What a surprise to come to your site and see your new little guy! Wow! What a wonderful way to start the day. :) He's ADORABLE!

Welcome to the world, little Rhett!

Congratulations Mom and Dad!

Carter Family said...

Congratulations! He is absolutely adorable. That was nice of your in-laws to take the kids for the week. How nice to get to spend some time with Rhett.

Cossebooms said...

Yeah, your boy is here!!! I bet Neil is in heaven. I know he loves your girls, but's thrilled to have his boy. I was just wondering not too long ago when you were due, and bam he's here!! Time sure flies when you're not the one pregnant. I am so happy for you and your family. You guys are great parents!!

Amberlee said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! I bet you are all loving having him here finally. That's so nice that you have family to help with the girls. You look way to good for just having a baby :) Let us know if you need anything!

Blake and Breanna said...

Oh Tandee he is so cute!! He looks a lot like Emmrie. Way to go go and again Congratulations you guys. Can't wait to see him in person. By the way you look awesome!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. He is a cutie! Nice to have some one on one time with him. Let me know if you need anything.

Cami said...

What a cutie. I hope you are getting some well deserved rest. It's always a blur to me the following few weeks after having a baby. It's so nice to have family that helps out. You look great.

Shumway Family said...

I had forgotten how close you were! Congrats!! You have the cutest family I've seen in a while!!


And how do you look so good in hospital pictures??

Kunz fam said...

Yay! I've been checking your blog every day hoping you'd post pictures! I'm so happy for you. He's a cutie. I love the picture of Emerie giving him kisses. She looks like a good helper! Good luck with everything and holler if you need any help.

lundgrenville said...

Tandee, He is so perfect. What a cute little boy he is. Congrats!!
We were wondering if you had the little guy. I hope all is well and that you are all adjusting well. Let me know what you think of having 4 little ones!! Its quite the adjustment, however it is lots of fun.
Love you all tons!

Porters said...

Congratulations on your new little baby boy! I have to say boys are so different then girls but we love them all just the same. He is such a cute baby and it will be exciting to see who he takes after as he starts to grow. I hope all is well with your family and love and kiss that sweet baby for me.

Amy said...

Tandee,
Congrats on the safe arrival of your little Rhett. He is so cute, and you look great.
Now you have 3 girls and a boy, and we have 3 boys and a girl. Time sure does fly!

Andrea said...

Welcome Rhett! we are so happy that all is well! I will get to see you tonight yay!!! Love the babies!

The Allens said...

Congratulations! Boys are so much fun! I'm glad everything went well and that you get to spend some one on one time with Rhett!

Kristen, Spencer, Brendan, Isaac, and Bryce said...

Congrats! Welcome to a whole new world of imaginative play. Everything gets turned into a sword...but the scripture stories you talk about will come to LIFE! One of these days Brendan will be showing Rhett how to be Ammon.

Christina and Jeff said...

Congratulations Tandee!!!! He is so beautiful!!! You also look FANTASTIC for just having a baby!! He's so sweet and you just are so lucky, I'm so happy for you!!!

Stacy said...

Congratulations to you both! What a fortunate little boy Rhett is having such a wonderful family who cherish's him already! You are so awesome blogging so soon after having a baby! You rock Tandee!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for you Tandee - I can't wait to meet him:)

Kara said...

Ditto to everything that has already been said! He is adorable and I can't wait to see him in person!(Maybe when I bring dinner tomorrow!)

Janalie said...

Concrats... I too can vouch for the caster oil!!! He is too cute and I love the name. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Tandee Ann~ CONGRATULATIONS! What a precious little boy. He is so adorable & a very special addition to your family. Cute family picture! Oh and I think it is cool that he was born on September 11th. What a great way to celebrate life rather than to think about what happened on the original 9/11.

Anonymous said...

Oh and I love his middle name. So cool that you used your maiden name!

exrust said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby boy!... and such a cute family! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anderson Clan said...

Congratulations, Tandee! What a cutie! I can't believe you have four now. Are you crazy??? :) Love ya!!

paula said...

Oh my! Next to your tiny body, he looks gargantuan!!! Congratulations, Tandee! I didn't even know you had more than two! Your third one who's a year old looks like Kortney when you moved away from us in Mesa. What precious kids!

Paula Larsen