Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mom Clifford Comes Again!

I know- twice within a month! My mom came back up to help me out after Rhett was born. It was great to have her for a whole week! Mom Price took the girls for me for the first few days after he was born, so I could have just him to take care of. It was nice, too, that Neil had that whole time off work. He really did great washing clothes and dishes, running errands, and cleaning the house. He's always good about cleaning and things, and it was so nice to have him home for so long. I don't think he ever took as much time off work when any of the others were born. Anyway, I digress-

Rhett and Grandma Clifford

Rhett and Grandma and Grandpa Price


So Mom Price brought the girls back so Kortney could get back to school (it's so hard to remember that we can't just plan trips randomly anymore. Dang school...). Then my mom flew up and that was really the only way I could get Kortney to be excited about coming home from Grandma Price's house. They always have too much fun there. But Grandma Clifford won them over last time she was here, so they were excited for her to come back. She came on her birthday (which I had forgotten- what a crummy daughter I am), and she really did everything. She washed all the kids' clothes- meticulously- not a single stain remained in any of their shirts. She made dinners on the nights that people weren't bringing them for us (which, thanks to so many neighbors, wasn't very many). She dusted my drapes, vacuumed my whole house (after cleaning out my whole vacuum), completely cleaned out my washer (for those who have a front-loader, you understand it's not fun), did all my dishes, babysat while we went out to dinner with friends (thanks, Derik and Andrea for giving us a reason to get out), got my kids breakfast every morning so I could sleep in, did Kortney's homework with her, gave them baths, and she tried to let me nap, but it was even hard to find the time when she was here to let me! She even helped me start potty-training Emmrie. I took advantage of two adults at home for a week on that one. I felt so bad letting her do so much, but she kept telling me, "This is what I WANT to do!" Well, we did get to play the Wii with her after the kids would go to bed. That's when Neil would make us play. Mom had never played it before, and she loved it, and it was so fun to watch her get so excited when she would bowl a strike! She's hilarious! Thanks for coming, Mom! You're the best, and I'm grateful I have you!

7 comments:

Cossebooms said...

What a great mom! What would we do without them. I always loved having my mom come after a baby. They are such a huge help, and then I was so sad when she had to leave. I'm glad you have had lots of help with the new baby. How is it going with a boy so far? Have you been peed on yet?

Carter Family said...

What would you do without moms? How lucky for you to have both helping out. Hope things are going well for you. Thanks for the conference packet.

Anonymous said...

That is great that you have had so much help with your cute little brood. Rhett is too cute and fits right in with all his sisters.

Christina and Jeff said...

Don't you just love moms?! They do so much for us without even thinking about it! Your mom looks so cute holding Rhett too. I'm glad you had a lot of help with her there!!!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I am such a bad blogger. CONGRATS! I am so glad you finally have your little boy! He is adorable and I am sure the girls are loving him. I am glad you had so much help. It sounds like you may have gotten a little spoiled!

lundgrenville said...

Ahh! Gotta love your mom!!
Awesome for you Tandee to have such a nice break. Well deserved!
That little boy is a keeper. He is so darling!!
Hope you are all well...Sending my love & miss you tons!!
Thanks for the conference packet.
It was fun to see your sister Tawnya the other day. We couldnt stopp chatting!!

Andrea said...

i have never had a mom come and stay because we live too close. But I have two moms that come and go and help out a lot...your mom was awsome and very friendly!