Monday, August 25, 2008

Mom and Dad Clifford's Visit

All I can say is "It's about time!" My parents finally came to visit us way up here for the first time since we've lived here. They were only here for three days, but we sure enjoyed it. My step-dad has been working in Colorado, so he drove, and Mom flew up to meet him in Salt Lake, and they spent last Wednesday through Friday with us. The girls loved playing with them, with the toys they brought, and loved having them as their captive audience for three whole days! We didn't show them around too much, but they were a great help to me while Kortney attended her first two days of school! She came home on Friday after they left back to Salt Lake, and asked, "Where are Grandma and Grandpa?" She was bummed when she realized that "gone" meant they were gone. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for coming to visit! We loved having you here!

At Reed's Dairy - Grandpa loves ice cream


Emmrie loved Grandpa's fresh salsa - who uses chips?


The girls with Grandma and Grandpa Clifford

The Lord's Hand in My Life:

I've been blessed with wonderful parents who taught me well, and I hope I can raise my kids with the same values I've been taught. That means the most to me.

9 comments:

lundgrenville said...

Yay! Im so glad your parents were able to visit. I know you have been wanting a visit from them for a while now. Your mom looks great! :) HOMEMADE SALSA? I miss homemade salsa. Glad you all had a fun visit.

Janalie said...

They grow up fast. i get such a kick out of your lil clips. They make us laugh!!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like they all had so much fun! It was great talking to you last night. Thanks for being such an awesome friend! Love you!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I am happy your parents were able to come and visit you and especailly your kids. They will always have those memories with them!

Andrea said...

I love it when family visits..it is about time!!:)
I think it is so fun that a bunch of the neighborhood kids are in the same class, that makes the first day a little easier!

Amy said...

Hi Tandee,
Fun to see your parents visit. They look exactly the same! Tonight my son Spencer had his 1st Soccer practice. Edith's oldest son is on the same team! Random : ) It was fun to catch up with her.
So, I assume you don't know what you're having yet? Your girls are all so cute. I can't imagine any hair color but blonde for your kids. Have a Great Day!

Erin said...

Fun to have mom for a visit. Guess who I ran into at the mall today? Give up? Wendy Bond. she has 5 kids now and her youngest is in kindergarten. Crazy.

Christina and Jeff said...

I'm so glad Ann and Jay came to visit!! It looks like you all had so much fun! Your pictures are so cute!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Your mom looks exactly the same... how does she do that? I hope I grow older as gracefully as she has! She looks great! That salsa picture is awesome! lol