Saturday, August 23, 2008

Kortney's First Day of Kindergarten

Finally! The day Kortney has been anticipating the whole torturously long summer! She started Kindergarten this last Thursday, and loved it! Neil and I got to take her to meet her teacher, Mrs. Taylor, the night before, so she could drop off her school supplies and see the classroom and school, too. She was so excited, and as we weaved around other parents and children, we finally made our way to her teacher. I introduced her, "This is Kortney. Can you say 'hi', Kortney?" All of a sudden, she went mute, and glued herself to my leg. Once we were outside again, she started talking, and ran to the playground to play with some of the other kids. The first day was pretty much the same. Thankfully once we got into the classroom, there was an empty chair at a table filled with some friends she already knew, so she sat right down with them, I took a photo, kissed her on the cheek, and walked out. I didn't cry! She didn't cry! She came home that afternoon and I asked her, "Did you have fun?" She answered, "Yeah, but we only got two drinks, and we didn't get anything to eat!" So sad to realize that school just keeps getting harder after preschool...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Tandee! I can't believe she is that old. I am glad she is enjoying it. I'll give you a call soon. Love ya!

Porters said...

How exciting for her to finally start school. Kindergarten is the best and they do so much with those kids you can't believe how much they actually learn. I hope she has an amazing year.

Cossebooms said...

That is so fun and exciting for Kortney. It sounds like she does 1/2 day, is that right? I can't believe how old our kids are getting. Yeah, pretty much everyone has had a kick out of Bruce's speeding picture.

Christina and Jeff said...

I can't believe Kortney is in kindergarten!!! WOW!!! She is so beautiful and I hope she has such a fun year!

lundgrenville said...

Tandee-
What a cute little princess she is. I cant believe she is old enough to be in Kindergarten. So darn cute.

Cami said...

Kortney sure looked cute. I love how you did her hair. I hope this year is a good one for you guys. Lots of new things with Kortney starting school and having a baby boy!

Amberlee said...

It's crazy when your first child goes to kindergarten. It totally makes you think "where did the years go"? You did better than me. I cried when I took Tegen to kindergarte, but I held it together when I took Tray last year. That's so nice that she has friends in her class. It makes it easier!

Anonymous said...

She is way too cute:) What a huge change for your family . . . bittersweet I'm sure!!

Stacy said...

What a big day for Kortney! I am glad she has friends in her class. Enjoy the year because it will go by all too fast!