Monday, August 4, 2008

Kortney's First Trophy

We went to visit Grandma last weekend, and she entered Kortney in the Lead Line horse "competition" at the county fair in Grace, on her beautiful horse, Cinders. She asked me first if it would be okay, and I said, "What the heck is 'lead line'?" Basically, Neil led the horse around the arena with all the other kids and their dads or moms, and the parents helped the kids turn the horses, back them up, and stop them. Kortney just had to sit there and look cute, wave, and smile. Neil's mom helped another little girl from their ward "train" for it, so she decided that Kortney could do it, too. She and Neil's dad found Kortney a cute hat and pink boots, and had a matching saddle blanket for Cinders, too. Korntey was so excited to get to ride around the arena with Dad. At the end, they all lined their horses up to face the judges, and the judges told them that they all won first place, so they all got to take home a trophy. Oh, she was so proud to show it to everyone! Good job, Kortney! We'll see how much of her grandma is in her, whether this love of horses gets worse!

9 comments:

Carter Family said...

How cute! Way to go Kortney!

Christina and Jeff said...

That's so awesome!! She looks adorable in her pink hat and boots!

Stephanie said...

That's so great! Congrats Kortney!

Amberlee said...

That's so cute! I bet she loves her trophy!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Yea Kortney!

lundgrenville said...

Congrats Kortney! How darling!!
I bet she will cherish her trophy. I miss riding horses. I havent ridden them in years!! :)
Hows that little boy cookin?

Amy said...

Hi Tandee,
I found your blog a few weeks ago, and have enjoyed reading about your cute family. Congrats on your new little one coming. How exciting! I don't have a blog yet, but eventually...

Angie said...

I hope you are enjoying your trip! Go Kortney! Those strawberries and raspberries look so good.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Congrats Kortney! I have to tell you I think about your girls frequently. I love Payten being bald(well she has some hair now) but sometimes wonder when I will ever get to put cute things in her hair with out a head band. Then I come to your blog and see your beautiful girls with their beautiful hair!!!