Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lacey Lyn

Well, she's finally here! Little Lacey Lyn was born on friday, the 11th at 10:27 pm, and weighed in at 9 lb 3 oz, measuring 20 1/2 inches. I took castor oil that afternoon (yes, I do that, and it has now worked for three of my kids), and I'm glad I did. I had no idea she'd be so big, and she was 12 days early. I started timing contractions at about 6:30 or so, getting up and moving around, then sitting or lying down to see if they'd change, and at about 7:00 or so, I decided they were getting more and more uncomfortable, and since they were 2 minutes apart, I told Neil we'd probably better go. My neighbor, Sarah, came and picked up my kids, and then Neil gave me a quick blessing, which calmed my nerves a lot, and we headed to the hospital. We got there about 7:30, and then, since I didn't preregister there (oh man, if you ever think about preregistering at the hospital you plan to deliver at, DO it!), we got to go through a billion questions before the nurse even checked me, and I'm sitting there through each contraction, thinking, "Can we at LEAST get a needle in my back while I'm answering these??" I was dilated to a five, the anesthesiologist (my best friend in the world at that time) came in, I got my epidural, and then I laid down to finally relax. After 10:00 the doctor came in, broke my water, I pushed a few times, and Lacey was here! He handed her to me and asked if I have big babies. Yes. They weighed her, and I told them she's definitely the biggest. She broke her little collarbone when she was born, but the pediatrician says it happens quite a bit, and heals quickly, and x-rays will never even show it when she's older. So for now, I feel bad when I dress her, or pick her up too quickly and she cries.
We came home from the hospital on Sunday afternoon. Neil had gotten the other kids from his parents' house on Saturday night, and took them all to church by himself on Sunday. I was impressed. And he even did the girls' hair. His parents, who had come into town and gotten our other kids from Sarah on friday night, came up to see us Sunday with Neil's sister, Wendi, and her kids. My mom flew up Monday to stay for a week, also. It's great. We've had good neighbors bring us dinners, and I had friends stop by the hospital to visit. Thanks to everyone for your help and support! I'm so glad to know so many wonderful people!










14 comments:

Christina and Jeff said...

TANDEE!!!! Congratulations!!! She's so beautiful!!! I just love the pictures of her too!!! You are so blessed to have such a wonderful family, I love you!!!

Heather R said...

Congrats! I thought that was probably why I didn't see you on Sunday. She is beautiful!

The Allens said...

Congratulations! I love her cute cheeks! Hope things are going well with your family!

Amy said...

Lacey Lyn is adorable!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tandee. She is a beautiful baby.

Rylee's Mom said...

I am so excited for you. I feel so bad because I haven't been checking my blogs lately and I didn't even know. When things settle down I will have to come and visit you guys. Rylee always wants to come and say hi to Tandee.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty baby, she looks like she belongs! Lacey is a cute name. Congrats!

Sherri Romney said...

What a cutie! Congratulations. NOw you have another cute girl to do your fun hair do's on! ;)

Porters said...

Yeah!! She looks so beautiful, you have such a wonderful family.

Amberlee said...

She's so cute! Congratulations! Are your kids loving her to pieces? I bet your girls are big helpers!! Enjoy it- they only stay little for such a short time.

Sherri Romney said...

We just took him back to his mom after some pics :)

Janalie said...

Congrats!!! She is too cute!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful Tandee! Congratulations . . . props to delivering that 9 lb. sweet cheeked little girl:) I can't imagine! . . . you're so tiny . . . how do you get those out?!!!!

Samantha said...

Congratulaions! Lacey is adorable. I am glad that all went well. You have such a cute family.