Monday, December 7, 2009

The Poem

I've become somewhat of a poet, I guess. Okay, not really, but this is the poem I wrote to surprise Neil for his birthday back in October. Hope you get a kick out of it.

To Neil

Happy birthday to you, you big stud of a man!
(I sure like to tell you all that, ‘cause I can.)

To the bestest darn husband a girl’s ever had
(And not only that, but to one awesome dad):

You’re my very best friend, my teacher, my rock.
You’re a great punching bag, wrestling coach, stumbling block.

I love your work ethic, and strong dedication
To family, to scouting, to gospel education.

You’re fun to hang out with, to laugh with, to hug,
To have a great talk with, to drive with, to bug.

You know how to cheer me when I’m feeling sad;
You know how to pester me lots when I’m mad.

You’re likeable, giving, and so easy-going,
When I am so hard-headed, stubborn and boring.

Thanks for your friendship, your strength and your love,
Your example of patience I’ve seen so much of.

So, now that you’re 31, what can you say
Of your family? Your future? Your life till today?

As a husband, a scout leader, employee and son,
As a brother and neighbor, you’re THE #1.

And, of course, as a father, you know where you stand.
Even when, sometimes, things just don’t go as we planned.

You have four small children you love and adore.
What else could you want? Well, how ‘bout one more?

Rhett’s such a sweet baby, but what if, real soon,
He wasn’t the baby – by say sometime in June?

Wow! All of a sudden 31 feels real old.
But things have a reason, or so we are told.

I guess this is all part of Heavenly Father’s plan.
Happy birthday to you, you big stud of a man!

Love, Tandee

12 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Wow!!! Congratulations Tandee on expecting another baby! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

AHH!!! Congratulations!!!

The Allens said...

Wow!! Congrats! I was not expecting that...what great news! Hope you're feeling well.

Anonymous said...

WHat!?! Wow! Congrats, Tandee!!! That is such awesome news and such a great way to tell Neil (and us). :)

Cami said...

I knew it!! I remember your post about Neil's birthday you said you wrote a poem for him that was jaw dropping and I've been wondering ever since.
Congratulations! Your kids are so blessed to have such great parents. I hope you're feeling well. This is exciting news.

Blake and Breanna said...

I know I called you but I wanted to say congrats again!! We are so excited for you guys. If you need anything please call.

Angie said...

YOU ARE quite the poet! Such a sweet poem. COngrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is a fun way to share the news. You are gonna be one busy Momma.

Amy said...

Tandee, that is the Best News!!!
I was so impressed with your poem, and than surprise, what a treat for you guys! CONGRATS!!!
Oh, and I love the new family picture!

Sherri Romney said...

CONGRATS! Your poem was so funny and cute. Glad you got a laugh out of my story ;) It took me a day or two but I find it pretty funny now too! I will ask you next time I need a creative way to tell Jake the news... ;)

Amberlee said...

Wow! I never knew you were such a poet! I loved it! And Congrats!!! Is it something in the primary water??? Remind me not to drink any of it after I have this baby :) I'm so excited for you!

Rylee's Mom said...

Oh my gosh Tandee-I am so excited for you! I have been out of blog land for a while and i just read that. Yea! Nice peom too by the way.