Monday, August 24, 2009

Kortney's First Day of First Grade

Kortney started first grade today. Her new teacher is Mrs. Harrison. Kortney doesn't waste many words, so I had to pry every answer to my probably millions of questions out of her, but what I figure is that she had a good time, loved lunch, and says her teacher is nice, except for when she turned the lights out and made them put their heads on their desks for five minutes because they were noisy. Her friends Cardon, Mason, Halle and Ellie from kindergarten are in her class again this year. They're good kids, I think, so I hope this'll be a great year for her.
I'm going to miss her being gone all day. She's growing up way too fast!

The happy reunion after Kortney's terribly long absence...

4 comments:

Stacy said...

They grow all too fast! I am so glad that Kortney is in the same class as all the other kids in the neighborhood. I wish Kortney a successful and happy school year!

Rylee's Mom said...

She looks so cute and I love her glasses! They do grow up way too fast don't they. Rylee starts kindergarten tomorrow-she excited and I'm sad!

Heather R said...

What a cutie, but I can't believe she is in first grade! Love the pic of all the girls together!! See they really DO love each other!

Carter Family said...

So cute! I can't believe that she is that old! Jaimee started all day kindergarten this year and it's sad to see them leave you for the whole day.