Monday, July 20, 2009

Lagoon

I haven't been to Lagoon since I was 9, when my aunt and I went on the coolest ride, the Colossus, about 30 times together. I went back on Friday with the kids, Neil's mom (I know- the only time we do fun things is when we're with Neil's parents), and his sister Rhonda and her family. Neil had to work, so he missed this trip. We got there right when it opened, and stayed till I think 7:00. I had had enough of it, but Kortney hadn't. She loved every minute. Especially the rides that "got her tummy". They were all troopers. Oh, and I nearly blacked out on the Colossus this time, so I only went on it once. Crazy, huh? It was weird. So, here are some fun photos of the day...



Emmrie and Jeremiah



On the dragon ride



Taylor and Jeremiah loved driving




Grandma, Emmrie and Taylor on the train





Kortney got soaked running through the sprinkler area


Rhett and Lucas don't know about the water, but love getting cooled off


Emmrie finally wore herself out

2 comments:

The Allens said...

How fun! I haven't been to Lagoon for so long...what a great way to spend a hot day. I'm not sure I could take the crazy roller coasters anymore either.

Anonymous said...

What a fun day! Awesome that you can bring your kids to a place you went to when you were little!

And funny how sometimes you can't take rides like when you were a kid, huh? I used to love roller coasters and now I'm like, "umm... I'd rather not..." but usually end up going anyway. ;) I'm getting old!