Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bear Lake and the 4th of July

The kids and I got to spend a week at Bear Lake with Neil's mom, and my little nephew. It was lots of fun to hang out and swim every day. Neil's mom used to teach swimming lessons when her kids were little, and she told me that she would teach Kortney and Taylor this week, and that's exactly what she did. Kortney is a little scared to do the most daring things, and still likes to be where she knows she can touch the bottom, but Taylor seems to have no fear, and jumps in, dives for rings at the bottom, and kicks her little legs so well - she's a little fish! Thanks so much, Mom! They love it!

So I didn't get any photos of them in the pool, but we did go to the lake with everyone. Even my niece, Koralyn, was up visiting from Arizona, and it was so much fun to see her. My girls loved all the attention they got from her and her friend.

Burying Koralyn's feet in the sand


Our little spot at the end of the very crowded beach


Koralyn and her friend, Jamie


Neil with the girls


While I was there with Mom and the kids, we drove up the highway to the top of the hill to overlook the lake. It was a beautiful day, and a beautiful view.


Mom Price, Kortney, Taylor, Jeremiah


Doesn't everyone have a photo like this?


The lake is shallow forever - it's so nice


Taylor pretending to eat sand


Rhett really eating sand
Neil with two worn-out kids at Grandma and Grandpa's house
On the 4th we were back in Soda Springs for the parade, because it's the best place for candy we've found so far in east Idaho (and believe me, we've tried other spots, because it's all about the candy!). The parade was very short this year, but they still made out like bandits.

Neil prepped all the kids with how to wave and show their "cute" faces, to get the most candy for their smiles, then sat back to wait for the parade. Oh, the excitement!

Then, we went to the cabin to hang out and eat some yummy dutch oven cooking!
The kids love the hammock

Grandma and Grandpa Price on the porch
That was a fun vacation. Now it's back to the hum-drum of everyday life...
Happy Independence Day!

6 comments:

Cossebooms said...

What a fun trip! It looks like you guys had a great vacation!

The Allens said...

Looks like a fun trip. Swimming sounds like fun. I can't believe how big Rhett looks...we've only been gone a month!

Heather R said...

Sounds like fun! I am excited to get to go the Bear Lake this week for girls camp. I have never been and it looks beautiful. Your kiddos are so cute!

Stacy said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time! I giggled when I saw the pic of Rhett eating the sand. Way too funny! And yes, Soda springs is the best spot for candy on the fourth. Take care.

Christina and Jeff said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!! It looks sooo fun! I love your pictures of the kids! They are adorable!

Mom24boys said...

How fun! We haven't been to Bear Lake for several years, hmmm, we may have to visit there again. I love how shallow the lake is for sooo far out. It makes it great for kids!