My mother-in-law came to visit for a few hours this last weekend, and while she was here, all the girls started playing with stuffed animals or dolls all around us. As I started getting dinner together, I kept finding the same little Care Bear outside the garage door, just laying on a rug on the top step. I blew it off the first time, thinking Kali dragged it out there or something, but when I found it again, I turned to throw it back into the house, and there was Emmrie, looking at me very upset, because I was obviously messing up what she was doing. My mother-in-law laughed, and I asked Emmrie, "Honey, why do you keep putting this outside?" She answered me, "Teddy bear, time out." My face turned red and my mother-in-law jokingly asked Emmrie, "Is that where Mommy puts you for time out?" All three of them answered her, "Yes!"
I got this idea from a friend (don't worry- I won't say your name...) who says it works great, because it's cold in the garage. And it does work pretty dang good! I don't yell nearly as much as I used to (and no - I don't make Kortney stay out there for 5 minutes)! So then, Grandma told the girls to put their stuffed animals in time out on the stairs instead, and this is what I found about 15 minutes later, when I realized what they were doing:
Looks like all their toys must be in big trouble...
10 comments:
Thanks Tandee. I needed a good hard laugh. And thanks for the info about the time out location. I'm definitely going to try that.
I love your family picture!!!!
Don't you love the way our kids tell on us!!
We have put our kids on the mat in the garage by the garage door. That's usually because they are screaming, won't listen, won't stay in the corner etc. So you're not the only that does it. I love the picture of them on the stairs with all their toys.
LOL! Too funny!
Ha ha! That's hilarious!!! Good idea too- I bet they hate the cold garage!
I love this picture. Wow there are a lot of stuffed animals in your kids room. The stairs make a great platform for looking at all of the animals!
I LOVE the family picture!!! It looks like it was taken at Tawnya's house!!! (but I could be wrong!) Your stories are so hilarious!!!! I just love them!!
That is very cute. If I put Payten in time out in the garage in the summer here she would die. I am sure it gets to be at least 120 with the sun beating on it:)
Don't you love when they copy those things you do in the privacy of your home? But the garage thing is a good idea...I might have to try it some time.
Oh my gosh - your girls are so funny. The things kids come up with... LOL
And btw I love your new family picture!
Post a Comment