Not so fun. Not that I liked going at 1:00, either, but when we go from 1:00 church to 9:00, it is SO hard to adjust. Especially for me. Yesterday was our first for the year at 9:00. I told the girls the night before that we would have to get up early to get ready on time, but did they care? Of course not. They still got to bed late, which meant that I did, too. And Rhett still got up about 20 times that night. So after I pushed snooze long enough, I finally got up at 7:00. All you early-bird moms are probably rolling your eyes at my "early" rise, but it was still dark outside, and I just did NOT want to get up! But I had sharing time to finish preparing, and a primary bulletin board to decorate before church, hopefully, so I needed to get going. I started waking up the girls who just grunted and rolled over, and then I made them some toast and scrambled eggs (I know you're thinking, "What a good mom! Making a hot breakfast for her kids!" But really it was because we got back from AZ Saturday night to a disaster house [I'll save that fun story for another post], and I forgot to run to the store for milk before bed. So, no cold cereal.). I finished getting myself all ready, then worked on the girls' hair as they ate their breakfast. Thankfully Rhett stayed asleep all morning for me (hmmm.... could it be because he's such a night owl?). Neil finally woke up and got in the shower (he drove the whole way home - that was his excuse), but things were going just fine. Everyone was cooperating nicely. Neil helped get the kids dressed, and all I needed to do was feed the boy before we headed out the door. I fed him halfway, and went to burp him. And, because this sort of thing
only happens to me (
wink, wink), he decided to
spew all over me. All down the front of my shirt, and into my bra! Of course! Things were going way too good. It had to happen. So Neil laughed while I changed myself, and I decided I would just have to finish feeding him at church as I skipped out on sacrament meeting to put up this year's bulletin board. Obviously Heavenly Father didn't like my idea. We got into the church (I couldn't believe we were there before the meeting started- and so was everyone else! Dang mormons). Neil and the girls got a seat in the hard chairs in the back, and I lugged Rhett down the hall to the primary room. When I walked into the room, I reached into my primary bag to grab my closet keys... that weren't there. I forgot that I had given them to my secretary to use while I was out of town. Wonderful! I couldn't even get the stuff for the bulletin board. So I thought, "Oh well, it's just a bulletin board. The kids won't even know it's supposed to be redone, anyway." So I lugged Rhett into the Mother's lounge to finish feeding him. That's when he let out the hugest grunt, and then a rip I'd never heard before. Yep. He just blew out of his diaper. I checked the damage, and it was pretty bad. And guess what? Neil had the diaper bag. In sacrament meeting. I had nothing. We had to go home. Thankfully I had my car keys, which I never normally bring with me to church. So I wrapped up Rhett and cruised home. I changed his whole outfit as quick as I could, and got back to sacrament meeting. The rest of the day went so well, I can't complain. Taylor is now a cute little sunbeam, and she and Kortney had fun with their new classes and primary teachers. I still haven't put up the new bulletin board, but sharing time is over, and the new year of primary got a great start. I'm just glad Sunday is over. The end.
7 comments:
LOL - you are too funny. And you are one brave, strong woman. I would've crumbled at having to jump out of bed at 7:00 after being awake all night. Are there actually mothers out there that are REAL early birds? Say it ain't so! ;)
I hope things are better next week for you!
Oh my goodness!!! You're amazing - I'm not surprised they called you as Primary President . . . you can do anything!
I LOVE your new family picture on the blog!!! It's adorable!! I also love your stories! They crack me up!! Keep them coming!!!
Oh, I totally felt the same on Sunday, 7 is too early to be getting up. Your family picture is cute!
Wow what an eventful Sunday. Is this what we have to look forward to next year? I always wondered why they make you go from really late to early morning. Why don't they go the other direction. At least primary was uneventful for you. We only had one child throwing fits and hyperventilating because mom left her with strange men. Yes, Phil was the lucky teacher to have her. Hang in there it will get better.
The first week of the year is always fun in Primary. We have 6 new sunbeams that just stare at me during singing time. Hope next week goes better!!
Wow! Sounds like quite a morning!
9:00 church is hard no matter what, but with a baby it's even worse. Your sharing time was great... and the kids did NOT notice the bulletin board :)
Post a Comment