Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hershey


Well, Kortney finally got what she's been waiting for the whole extremely long, cold winter. Hershey is our (her) new little puppy, and Kortney has learned a lot of responsibility in a very short time. She loves the little guy. He's not exactly what we had been looking for, but he won us over. When Neil and I got back to Soda Springs after our anniversary trip to Logan, Mom Price had her neighbor's last little puppy there waiting to meet us. Kortney, Taylor and Emmrie had been playing with him all day, and were so excited to ask if we could keep him. He's part pug, part labrador (a "pugador", they call him), and is only supposed to get about half the size of a lab. I think I can handle that size (I say that now, of course). Neil and I both liked him at once. He's pretty mellow for a puppy, and he was less expensive than the other kinds of dogs we had been looking at! Our boxer, Kali, loves him, too, and they play so good together. I just can't wait until he's potty-trained. It would help if it would quit snowing here so Hershey would actually like going outside in the early morning! Kortney is so good about cleaning up after him when she can, and about feeding and watering him. She even takes him out in the middle of the night to go potty. We'll see how long that lasts. It's been good so far! So, as if we aren't crazy already, we just thought we'd add one more to our family!

6 comments:

Carter Family said...

Puppies are so much fun but a lot of work. It's good that she is taking such good care of him. He is adorable and almost makes me want to get one. Almost.

Stacy said...

He's adorable! Sadie is going to love him!

Cossebooms said...

Sounds like Kortney loves her puppy. You guys are way better than me. I don't think we'll ever have a dog. The mess, the expense and Brendan is somewhat allergic to dogs. Oh, well. Have fun with yours.

Kunz fam said...

How fun! The kids would love it if we could get a puppy. I don't know how you do it. You are amazing!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

I loves puppies. He is so cute. And she looks sooo happy!!

Andrea said...

You are brave, New puppy! They are a lot of work but oh so cute and fun. Can adelyn come see her, she loves dogs!