Thursday, April 22, 2010

An Update...

Life gets crazy sometimes. Not that it's anything worth posting about most days, but here's an update on our lives:

Neil took the girls to Moab with him over Conference/Easter weekend, to spend time dirtbike riding with his family (no photos - sorry), and I got to stay home with Rhett to get things done around home that I never get a chance to do with kids running around (again, no photos - thankfully). Like getting out my sewing machine, tossing a bunch of "favorite" artwork pages, organizing cupboards, etc. You know. Fun stuff. And I got to watch most of Conference. The parts that Rhett was asleep for, mostly. It was a great Conference, and now that Neil got an iPod and the scripture app, we can listen to the talks we missed, or really liked.

We celebrated our nine year anniversary this month. It's amazing to see how far we've come, and how much has happened in just nine years. Then again, it makes me feel like I should feel older... But I wouldn't take any of it back. It's been a great nine years.

Taylor started playing soccer this month, and loves it. She's such a cute little runner. I have forgotten my camera for both games so far, so I'll post photos if I ever remember to take it next time. I know. You can hardly wait... She also learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. Who taught her? Pregnant Mom. You would think I would've learned after teaching Kortney while I was pregnant, too. I'm just a slow learner... My back is sore, and I've jogged enough to last the rest of my pregnancy. And I still have too far to go! But Taylor's a little trooper, and didn't give up, even though she would get scared. She's still a little wobbly, so I haven't been able to stay far enough away from her to get a good photo, and it started raining the last two days, so we haven't been out in it for any photos, either, but again (because I know you can hardly wait), I'll get some posted one of these days!

Those are our most exciting things worth mentioning. Until then, here are some other random photos that have been taken over the past month, for your viewing pleasure (so you don't have to see Rhett's fat lip on the last post anymore).


Obviously his mother left him alone a little too long in order for him to fall asleep on the counter. Who would do that??


The girls made a "pirate ship", they said, after we took all the cushions off to clean the couch.


My favorite people in the whole entire world.



My son's fettish with Q-tips. When a whole new box gets dumped on the floor, they don't fit back in it quite as nicely again.



And only because my sister and Hillary asked - a prego photo taken by Kortney. This is at 30 weeks. 10 loooooong weeks to go...

Happy Spring!


4 comments:

Amy said...

I Love the Pregnant Picture!
Sounds like you've had at least some good weather this month.
10 weeks will be here before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I'm proud of you for posting a pregnant one. I refused to be in pictures...now I wish I had one! Loved the q-tips too!

Christina and Jeff said...

I'm so glad you're back on your blog!!!! I LOVE your picture!! You're beautiful!! Hopefully the 10 weeks will go fast for you. I also love the picture of Rhett sleeping on the counter, ha!!!!

Rylee's Mom said...

Thanks for the pic-you look very cute and happy! I wish I had more pictures when I was pregnant because that is the only time I liked having a belly! :)