Monday, September 14, 2009

Rhett's First Birthday

Rhett finally turned one! Yea! According to my girls, now that he's one, he should've woken up able to walk and rattle off a few phrases. They seem to think that the night before a birthday is a magical night of transformation, because now he's ONE. How disappointed they must feel. We didn't do much to celebrate, sadly, since his mom is -- me. That's just something he's going to have to get used to. But we did snap these cute photos of him with his little cake. I DO do THAT, at least! He's such a fun little kid. He cut his seventh tooth two days before the big day, learned how to slide down the stairs successfully the day before (on his tummy, and on his bum), and walked at least 10 steps another day, so I guess the magic of the birthday night was spread out over a few nights before...

Touchdown! Let's get this party started.


Getting a taste of his very own cake...


You want some, don't you?

Starting to feel the sugar high buzz.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

NO WAY! I can't believe he's already one! That is crazy. He is just so adorable! Love all of your family blondies! :)

Cami said...

Such a cute boy! Love the pictures and the football cake!

The Allens said...

I love the cake! I can't believe Rhett is one already! What a cutie!

Rylee's Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rylee's Mom said...

I cannot believe that he is one already. It's not only your own kids that grow too fast but everybody else's kids too! Cute cake-did you make that?

Christina and Jeff said...

Oh my gosh, he is too adorable!!!! I love the picture of him eating the cake!!!

lundgrenville said...

I cant believe the little kido is already 1. He is such a cutie....!
Can't wait to see you in November! Hugs

Carter Family said...

He is so cute!

Porters said...

Love it! He just jumped right in and ate that cake!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

He is sooooo cute! I cannot believe he is already 1. I am sure it went by even faster for you!