Neil has now been Scout Master for 4 years. He loves it, and the boys think he's pretty cool. And, except for weekends that he has campouts, I can honestly say that I love it, too. He and the other two leaders, Matt and Ashlee, took the scouts on a campout last weekend. They went to Craters of the Moon, out in the middle of nowhere, a vast and desolate lava flow area. They call it Craters of the Moon because to some people long ago, I think it looked like the moon, so that's what they named it. I've driven through that desert only once, after the last time Neil had gone on a campout there, and all I could think at the time was, "Why did they come
here?" But this time he borrowed my camera, and these are some of the photos he brought back. I appreciate it a little more now. You just can't see any of the pretty stuff from the highway...
They all took their bikes (p.s. that's not their camper. They took tents)...
...rode down some of the trails...

...stopped to climb some trees...

...and explored 3 different caves.

So, it's cooler than I thought. I shouldn't be so quick to judge.
3 comments:
Scott is the new Scout Master in our ward...I should give him the Craters of the Moon idea. Looks fun!
Awesome! We just got Collin in scouts this year and I hope they do fun things like this too! :)
Scout Camp, what fun! Brad is in YM too. I was catching up on your posts, and LOVE the football cake. How cute is that and Rhett is even cuter!!!
Post a Comment