
Wow! This is a little late, but I'm finally getting around to Emmrie's second birthday last weekend. She turned two, and boy, is it obvious! What a little spit-fire she is! And we love her still...
We didn't do too much for her. In fact, it wasn't even until I heard Kortney say, "Emmrie, you're 2 today!" that I remembered it was her birthday. Poor girl. So, we went shopping to get her presents after Kortney left for school. Taylor helped me wrap them when we got home, while Emmrie took a nap, and then we made her cake. My typical birthday cake. In fact, I forgot to get frosting when we were at the store, so I asked Neil to pick some up on his way home from work, then he frosted it by warming it in the microwave, and pouring it over the top of the cake. It looked like one of those fondue cakes for a little while, until Neil used the spreader on it. She loved licking the frosting off the spreader, and watching Dad light the candles with one of those clicker starters. We ate cake first, because the big girls insisted, then she opened her presents so they could all fight over them before we forced them to bed. Sometimes I feel like such a wonderful mom, you know? Not that day, of course. This is why I just feel completely inferior to those moms who bake homemade cakes, throw lavish parties, and look so cute and done up in all the perfect birthday photos. Well, okay- not really inferior, just exhausted when I hear what they did. I don't think I would do it all. Sanely. What does little Rhett have to look forward to? Not much,
apparently.
Just a few things about Emmrie: She loves to carry around something in her hand at all times, whether it's a baby doll, a stuffed animal, a dog toy at Grandma's house, or a rubber grasshopper at the store. She loves to pester her sisters. Especially Taylor, who is just barely bigger than her. She knows how to push their buttons. She can scream like no other. Oh my word. If we're all deaf by her next birthday, you'll know why. She has the cutest little smile (which she refused to show the photographer the other day), and the funnest little giggle, especially when Daddy tickles her. She loves to pull her shirt over her head and try to walk around, hates to wear pants now that she's potty-trained and I try to get her to wear them, and I have to double-check her when we leave the house because she will put on anyone's shoes when it's time to go somewhere. She hates to say sorry, but when she does, it always comes with a little hug, and a pat on the back. She does a little wave with just her fingers, all together, or a huge, double-handed wave if someone else starts it. She loves her little brother, so much that I have to keep an eye on her when she's around him. She says so many words now, and repeats everything we say. She's putting together small sentences, and her favorite thing to tell me for a few days straight was, "Mommy! Monkeys poop!" That was all Dad... Happy birthday, our sweet little girl! We do love you. Honest!
7 comments:
I cannot believe that it has been 2 years. It seems like just yesterday. Tell her Happy Birthday for us.
She's adorable!! It looks like her birthday was so much fun!!!
Those kind of pictures are priceless! She's cute. Hope she giggles more than she screams in the next year!
She is such a cute sweet girl! I love that her and Aliya can play now...we will have to have play dates again!!! Will you please give your sweet hubby and big smooch for clearing our driveway for us. That was such a blessing for me. I had been out there for an hour and a half with the shovel and only got five feet done!!!
What a cute girl. This is a hard month for a birthday. I guess we're all so focused on Christmas it's hard to throw a birthday in there too. Connor's birthday was pretty uneventful. We saved the cake and presents for the evening when my sister came with her kids. I'm glad he's two and doesn't quite understand yet.
Tandee- it's the other way around- We all look at you and think that YOU are the wonder woman mom! Happy Birthday Emmrie!
She is growing up way too fast! I can't believe she is really two! I hope you are doing well and that you have a Happy New Year!
Post a Comment