I registered to vote today, because I know that I have no place to complain if I don't fulfill my civic duty. So I finally got it done, and then I voted. So, now that I've fulfilled that very important civic responsibility, I will now exercise my unalienable right to speak my mind. I'm getting on my soapbox. I know some of you out there who read my blog are happy today, but I'm sorry. I'm not. Not that McCain was my first choice for president of the United States, but Obama was definitely my last. I voted for the lesser of two evils, in my eyes, and I'm afraid for what lies ahead in our country. I worry what kind of world my kids are going to grow up in, and I realize that now I have to work even harder to put some real moral values into them. I can hear myself wording things in the future to my children along these lines: "...and even though everyone else in the world may think this issue is okay, as a human being I hope you know that really, it's not." That's my biggest concern. If people think his ethnicity is at the heart of everyone's dislike and opposition, that's not it at all- at least in my case. It's his lack of foresight and morals. In my opinion, he has no idea where he's going with this country, and he doesn't even seem to care that he has no straightforward answers. I fear that his "change" is going to be for the worse. Why are all these crazy liberals out to change the Constitution just because they've changed their own opinion (again)? Isn't the Constitution there to help guide us to stay on course and govern our decisions? I'm sure our forefathers are rolling in their graves, wanting to shake us all and say, "Idiots! Can't you see that we wrote what we meant? How in the world did you interpret it that way?" These next four years are going to be a real wake-up call for all of us. Where will we be then? Seriously? I think I'd better quit right there, before I start rambling and say too much, and not make any sense. I'm just really disappointed, America.
Disclaimer (because we've always got to have one of those now, so we don't get sued): I don't claim to know all the issues. Most of us don't. I haven't researched it all. Who has? I only know what I've heard. Isn't that what we all go by, anyway? I could be totally wrong. Then again, I wouldn't be the first.
bed bath beyond kitchenaid
4 years ago
6 comments:
I totally agree with you. We were worried that Az would be Obama. Close but thankgoodness they woke up. Who knows what will happen in the next four years. All I can say is hopefully we are wrong because if not I don't want to imagine what it will be like. At least Az voted to save marriage. That's my positive note today.
Amen, Amen. I am just happy that the marriage amendments passed in AZ and CA. It shows that our country has good people, even if they did vote for Obama.
I feel the same way. I listened to McCain's final speech, but couldn't deal with reality, so I turned off Obama's speech. Let's just pray that it's not as bad as we think it will be.
P.S. Your Snow White looks darling in her little costume : )
Good job going to vote! I got there too and happen to agree with your concern about where the country will be in four years. All we can do now is pray and wait and see what happens.
AMEN! I am very nervous for the future and all the 'change' that America wants to come...
totally understand! i was at the Biltmore at the Mc Cain Palin headquarters. I think we do need to take a stand for what we believe while loving others. Somehow there is a balance. I am trying to figure it out. :) Can you tell? But watching Mc Cain's speech made me cry even harder. his speech was so beautiful. He wouldve made a great President. I guess all we can do is move forward in faith right?
Post a Comment