I've heard it said so many times that, once you have three kids, you might as well have 15, because it doesn't make a difference after that. Well, I'm here to tell you that it's all a LIE! Who came up with that stupid idea? Someone with more than three kids all spaced about ten years apart maybe. But it's not as easy as they say. I don't know how moms with five or more do it! You all have my highest respect! It takes me all day just to get the girls ready, and then there's still me! Little Rhett is only peaceful when he's eating or when he's asleep. As soon as he wakes up, it's fussy, hold-me time until his next nap. I think I'm finding more time (obviously- I finally got to get back to my blog), it just takes all week to get a day's worth done sometimes.
Lucas and Rhett (he's not one for photos, just like his Dad)
Then, I celebrated another birthday this week. I can't believe how quickly time flies. I don't feel too much older, except for when I wake up 3 times at night to feed, burp, and change a crying baby. That fun gets old real quick. But on my birthday, Neil was working and at class most of the day. He only had enough time to make me a cake, and that was about it. I was so grateful he even did that. Life is busy right now, and it doesn't seem to slow down, but I know it could be worse, so I take it one day at a time, and thank my Heavenly Father every day just to get one more!
The cake Neil made, the candles Kortney found, and the flowers from my awesome cousin, Edith!
16 comments:
Oh Tandee-
You know I love you!!!
4 is hard...but once Rhett hits the 6 month mark....things will get easier. He still is so young and needy...so dont give up yet! :)
I think your kids are so darling too!! I have your birthday card...etc...sitting on my computer I have your birthday card sitting on my desk stamped and ready to send and dummy me!! I forgot! UGH!! I always remember your birthday...What was I thinking! Sorry!
I do love you tons & kilos!!! :)
Ps. So are ya ready for number 5!!
I hope you had a great birthday!!! You are a wonderful mom and I hope to have a big family too one day!!!
Tandee, That is an awesome picture of you and your little one sitting by the flowers and cake! You are awesome!
Hey Cute Cuz,
Don't believe a word Tonya says. She's fibbing big time. :) Taycee's now 9 months and each day I still have to refrain from committing myself to the nearest mental hospital. But then again, I've never been in the running for the mom of the year award. You are such an amazing person that I'm positive in another month or two you'll be ready for triplet boys. :) Can't you just picture it? Fun, fun fun.
I did love your posting though--I dittoed (I'm sure that's in the dictionary) every word.
Happy birthday! I'll cross my fingers that Rhett starts waking up only 2 times a night!
I've often wondered how 4 kids REALLY is. I wonder if all those people lie when they say after 3 it's just adding more to the chaos. Thanks for being real! On the other hand, they are all adorable and I think you are a great mom! And Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday Tandee!! I hope you had an enjoyable day. The older you get the less fun the birthdays get. Paul just had one and he was such a dud it wasn't funny.
Your little man is way cute and I hope he starts doing better for you at night.
Oh, I am glad it isn't just me. I was starting to wonder if I was the only completely overwhelmed Mom. Mylee is now 9 months, and it is getting easier because she plays and entertains herself some now. If you ever need to have another pity party feel free to give me a call. Happy Birthday!
I am a bad friend, I remembered your birtday, but forgot to call! Life has been so busy for us too, with Derik's travels. Happy Birthday anyway!
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANDEE!!! You still look 23. ;o). I love your honesty in your blog. It's rough sometimes but you are doing a great job with your little ones. Love you!
Happy Belated Birthday, Tandee! It may be rough right now, but you look great doing it!
Happy Birthday! I don't know how it would be with 4, but I'm excited to see what it will be like with 3. My kids will be almost 6 and 4 1/2, so I don't know if that will make a difference. Life is overwhelming, but fun. You are awesome!
Well happy birthday! Sounds like you are a busy busy mom! I want to have 2 babies but also love giving all my attention just to Payten. I admire moms of many. It is truly hard work with little material pay but great blessings!!
Is there any way you can get me Rhonda's email or other way of contacting her? I haven't heard from her in years. Hope you had a good birthday. When did birthdays become just another day? I remember being so excited for the next one.
You're post is true. I think that the more kids that are in school, the easier it gets. I only have 1 in school all day, but it's much easier than this past summer. Hey, we all survived : )
Happy Birthday Tandee!
Ahhh! It is so hard, but we'll both get through it... right?
Post a Comment