Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tawnya's Visit

My sister, Tawnya, came to visit us from Arizona with her five kids the last week of June, and we had such a fun time with them! Her husband, Brad, has been on crutches because of a broken leg, so I think she brought all the kids to give him a little time to himself to recouperate, and to catch up on work at home. It was good of him to let them come for so long. My niece, Koralyn, stayed at Neil's parents' house for five of those days to ride horses, and then came back with us after the weekend. I don't think I've done as much stuff here since we've lived here as we did with Tawnya and her kids while they were visiting. Here's just a rundown of some of the things we did (that I got photos of. Sorry, this is my journal, too, so bear with all the photos):

We pulled out the slip-n-slide and sprinklers and played in the water...



... went to Kortney's last two T-ball games...


... ate ice-cream at Reed's Dairy (Emmrie was so mad that she had to share with me)...




... walked down the greenbelt to see the falls and the temple...

... met up with Neil's mom in Lava to swim at the pool (Kortney finally got brave enough with her water wings to go down the big slide, and daredevil Taylor wasn't afraid at all to dive right in to Grandma. Thanks, Mom, for going, since I won't be caught dead in a swimsuit right now)...

... and of course we had to see the horses back at Grandma's house...


... had a picnic and played at the Hooper Springs park...

... watched the Soda Springs geyser go off (and that was my first time ever watching it, even!)...

... met up with our sister-in-law, Sherry, and her kids, also from Arizona, who were close to town for a family reunion, and took them all to the Rexburg spray park (thanks, Sherry, for driving the extra 2 hours to visit)...

... let off small fireworks and sparklers in the driveway (the day Kortney and Koralyn got their ears pierced- sorry I had no photos of that whole dramatic event)...

... and then we finally said good-bye when they left on the second of July. It was sad, but I was glad that our kids had a chance to get to know each other again, and that we could show them our town. We sure love you, guys! Thanks for taking your vacation all the way up here to see us!

You know, with three boys in our house for that many days, I think the noise affected Neil a lot more than he expected, having lived in a quiet (although very dramatic) home of girls for so long now. I realize that boys are so much different, and even though those boys were very well-mannered, a boy in general is going to be a wake-up call for all of us!

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks like a lot of fun! It would be great fun to have a relative come and visit, you always do more when they are here. I love the pics of Kortney's b-day she really is beautiful!!!! (She obviously gets that from her mom, sorry Neil you are just not that beautiful, haha)

Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys fit a lot in over the past few days. . . I bet you're ready for a nap:)

Boys definitely are different, but so much fun in their own right!!! Travis was just reminiscing with his friends about the days they used to throw darts into eachother's flesh! They were laughing saying, "remember the one that got stuck in my butt!". Oh the things we have to look forward to!!!

Christina and Jeff said...

You all must have had so much fun!! I love that you and Tawnya have big families!!! I remember when we were little that I LOVED being at your house because of how big your family is and how loud and fun it was!! I bet you're going to have so much fun with a boy! You're so lucky!! I love you!

Amberlee said...

Your sister is so cute! It was nice to meet her. Sounds like you kept them well entertained! And yes... boys are completely different- (so I've heard) :)

Natalie said...

Cute pictures! Isn't summer just the best! I love being outside and you are such a trooper being prego and going non-stop for your family!