Well, I guess since I have no camera right now, and I have a roll of film that has been at the store for the past week ready for me to pick up that I keep forgetting to pick up, I haven't had much of a desire to post anything. It's so much better with photos. But really, it's because nothing too exciting has been happening, or I think I'm busy, or I can't get anything done when my girls are awake. Pick one.
Christmas was good. Santa came to our house on Saturday, the 22nd, then we went to Neil's parent's house so we could spend Christmas there. It was so much fun to see how excited our girls got as they opened their presents. Poor girls don't think they get enough toys throughout the year. Does anyone else know kids like that?...
All of Neil's siblings were in town for New Years, so we went back the next week to celebrate the new year with them. And it was awesome! This was the second year of Game Show night. And it was bigger and better than last year- probably because everyone was there for it, and some of the games included our kids. Neil's mom and dad came up with the funnest games. We played a candy-stealing game with the kids, like a white elephant game, and then a paper airplane game with them, to win money (yeah, Emmrie won $20). The kids were supposed to go to bed, but they didn't, and I think all of mine were awake when we rang in the new year and popped little firecracker things, and threw confetti. We played the Price is Right, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Deal or No Deal, and Let's Make a Deal. Then all of us married kids played the Newlywed Game, which Neil and I practiced in the car on the way there, asking each other any kind of question we though they would ask, like, "What's your favorite color?" which I told him was blue. So, we get to the game, and they ask Neil what my favorite color was. I was so excited they asked a question we had thought about! So when the women came back into the room, I answered "blue", and he looked at me and, in true Newlywed Game style, said, "No it's not! I thought it was purple!" I blurted out, "You asked me this on the way here! I told you it was blue!" Yeah, just like the show. They even had more interesting questions, like what was Neil's least-favorite chore, and what was Neil's favorite feature of mine, and what was my bra size. I have to admit, we did pretty darn good, but we came in second to his sister Rhonda and her husband Jon. We still won lots of fun stuff, ate lots of good food, and had tons of laughs with family. It was a good time.
bed bath beyond kitchenaid
4 years ago
5 comments:
That sounds like such a fun party you had on New Years. We played the newlywed game as well, and won. It was so much fun! We are glad you had fun during the holidays.
Wow sounds like you guys had a great holiday. The game night sounded like loads of fun. I love playing games like that. Phil doesn't care for games so he can be a party pooper in that area.
When James and I really were newlyweds, we played with our sister-in-law's family and we got every single answer wrong, including "What day did you get engaged?" I have refused to play it ever since.
Major FUN!! Ha, it sounds like you had an excellent time! I love playing games and that sounds like the blast you should have when you play games : )
It was great to see you guys and be able to play with you. The only time Blake ever plays games is if we go to someones house so I am glad that we were invited to your house for it.
Post a Comment