Wednesday, February 3, 2010

And the Verdict Is...

I just have to say that it was hard to know if I was having that "motherly intuition", like lots of moms have when they're expecting, where they just know deep down what it is. Then I realized that I was focusing too much on selfish desires. Really, all I want is a healthy baby. Who doesn't, right? So this morning before we went to the ultrasound appointment, Kortney told us the baby was going to be a boy. We told her she'd find out after school. I think she's finally getting excited about it, now that she can actually see my belly getting bigger, so it's becoming more real to her.
We got to our appointment (thanks, Bre, for watching our very emotional, dramatic, and extremely hyper-sensitive girls and easy-going Rhett while we were gone), waited a while, and finally went into the room. I was nervous. The tech went around measuring and checking for different body parts and said, "Oh. I think I just saw what it was". So she went back, and counted three little lines, "one, two, three". Yep, throughout the rest of the ultrasound, she would recheck it, and every time she did, she saw those three little white lines. Not a single third leg. My due date is still June 23. So I got Bre a pink slushie on our way back to pick up the kids. This is going to take a while to sink in. There were a few things they'll need to verfiy and recheck, so I have another ultrasound scheduled in four weeks. I doubt things will miraculously change in the gender department, however. I've just got to remember that those first 15 or so months are wonderful, boy or girl, and that I can do this! So, wow! Really, all I can say is, BRING IT ON!!!

13 comments:

Amberlee said...

Wow! Four girls! Exciting... at least you make way cute girls :) Congrats!!! Now my baby can have a buddy.

Angie said...

That's what you get for saying you'd be "done" if it's another boy. Someone has other plans for you:) I was in such a hurry today, I didn't even ask! I'm way excited for you Tandee! Congrats.

Sherri Romney said...

Wow Tandee! That is exciting. My mom said her girls were harder than the boys (cause we were all emotional and dramatic and hyper as well) but you will have four lunch and shopping buddies when they are grown up. :)

Amy said...

Congrats Tandee,
5 kids! That is Awesome!

The Andersons: said...

Apparently we need to share tricks...you have girls and we are due with boy number 4 in a couple of days! Congratulations and good luck!

Blake and Breanna said...

You are so welcome. I love your kids so I don't mind the drama, emotions, and all that. I am so excited for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I understand your feelings. After three girls, when I went to that ultrasound appointment and found it was another girl, I felt a bit deflated and then chastized myself for not being more grateful that everything else was great. We were done with #5 girl or boy. Sometimes I wish we had another boy for Dallin, but not enough to attempt it again!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome, Tandee! Congratulations!! You are such a great mom, I'm sure it will be a breeze for you. :) And on those days where it's not a breeze, there's always chocolate. ;)

Mom24boys said...

Horray for you! Congrats. You have such a great family boys, girls either way.....

Janalie said...

Congrats!! I do have to say if there is a couple out there having a house full of girls God choose the right ones...Your are so beautiful. It doesn't get an cuter than your little family.

Porters said...

Oh my, I didn't know you were expecting. That's such exciting news and to have another girls well that's wonderful news too.

Christina and Jeff said...

A GIRL!!!! YEA!!!! I'm so happy for you Tandee!!!! Congratulations!!!!

Rachael Anderson said...

It's a good thing you're so good with hair! :)